Capcom has announced a new beta test period for which will give pre-order customers another opportunity to get hands-on time with the game before its launch in early 2016.
The beta period will take place from December 18 at 12:01 US time (8:01 AM UK time) and end on December 20 at 10 PM US time (6 AM UK time). The beta will be available on both the and .
Previous betas have been used for Capcom to stress test its own servers. Initially, a PlayStation 4 only beta was available, but this was followed by a beta which allowed players to play together cross-platform.
As of yet, it is unclear whether all the characters announced so far will be available to play, or if the character roster will be rotated, as it has been in previous tests. The following features, however, will be included.
- Ranked Match
- Fight for glory and status in high stakes matches!
- Casual Match
- Enjoy more casual matches without pressure.
- Improve your skills against a training dummy with a variety of options and settings.
- Capcom Fighters Network (CFN)
- Check out the latest leaderboard rankings, search for replays, and rivals.
- Battle Setting
- Customize your character profile and button configuration, among other options.
- Manage the screen and sound settings.
Finally, every existing beta test participant will receive a number of beta invite codes via the beta client to share with their friends.
The has been confirmed as February 16, 2016. During PlayStation Experience 2015, Capcom , a character that uses poison attacks.
Following launch, . Each one is earnable through gameplay for free. Those that want to get them immediately can purchase the 2016 Season Pass, which is available to pre-purchase now in North America.